LED Football Field Lighting
Football Field Lighting using ZGSM Lighting
The technology used by ZGSM Lighting is suitable for football field lighting. These LED luminaires are among the most effective lighting alternatives on the market, and they don’t require replacement for many years. Field Changeable Lenses and Drivers and the Quick Connect/Disconnect System allow replacing them as easy as possible when you do need to.
Because of the outstanding colour rendering provided by the ZGSM Lighting, players and viewers see colours as they were intended to be viewed. With a CRI > 85, these luminaires have the best colour rendering index in their category. They have a URG-19 and are also glare-free lights. Both players and spectator vision are enhanced by this combination.
Needs For Football Field Lighting- Requirements
You must make sure that a football field is properly lit before using it for nighttime games. The sort of play, whether or not spectators are present, and the size of the field all influence how much light is used. Without spectators, you’ll need at least 30 footcandles of horizontal target illumination on a typical 180 x 330-foot field. A professional-level stadium requires at least 75 footcandles to be lit. The requirement grows when fields get bigger or more spectators are added.
You must install the lighting in the proper location and with the proper mounting hardware in addition to having enough of it. Galvanised steel is required by the US Soccer Foundation for both the poles and mounting assembly. Place all poles at least 20 feet from the sidelines to reduce the danger of injury to players. Mount the lights high enough to prevent light from reflecting off the field itself and causing glare.
Finally, think about the light’s quality. Soccer is one of the nocturnal sports where two things are crucial. Glare is first. Glare on the field makes it difficult for players to perform successfully and might make it difficult for spectators to completely enjoy the game. Look for glare-reducing lighting options.
Second, how colours are shown matters. The majority of light has a colour, and the colour cast can make it challenging to discern player outfits and details. Make sure team colours are displayed correctly and choose lighting that produces colours that are comparable to those of natural sunshine.
- Illuminance: The illuminance of a football field refers to the light intensity on the surface of the field, usually measured in lux. Illumination requirements vary for different competition levels and venue types. Generally speaking, according to the EN12193 standard, the following are common football field illumination requirements ranges, Class I-500lux, Class II-200lux, Class III-75lux.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of a football field refer to the length and width of the field. FIFA (FIFA) stipulates that the size of a standard football field is 105 meters to 110 meters long and 68 meters to 75 meters wide. The design and layout of the lighting system should take into account the dimensions of the field to ensure that the lighting is even and suitable for the competition.
- CRI (Color Rendering Index): CRI is an index between 0 and 100, which is used to describe the ability of the light source to restore the color of the object. In football stadium lighting, a lighting system with a high CRI value can more accurately reproduce the true colors of players’ uniform colors, stadium markings and other objects, and a higher CRI helps provide better visual perception and game experience. For high-level products, it is recommended to choose CRI85 or even higher.
- CCT (Correlated Color Temperature): CCT represents the color temperature of the light source, measured in Kelvin. In football stadium lighting, a higher color temperature is generally selected, usually between 5000K and 6200K. Higher color temperature can provide bright and clear light, which helps players and spectators to better observe and judge during the game.
- Uniformity: The competition area should have a higher uniformity, and the closer the value of the uniformity is to 1, the more uniform the light distribution is.
- High uniformity ensures players can see the trajectory of the ball and the movements of other players across the court. FIFA’s uniformity requirements for professional competition areas range from 0.5 to 0.7.
The Importance of Longevity and Durability
The durability of the lights selected is another crucial factor for the experts in charge of maintaining soccer pitches. Less time is spent replacing lamps or bulbs the longer a light lasts. Since football fieldlighting is frequently installed on a tall pole, changing the bulbs requires a lot of time and effort. It is crucial to have lighting that is durable and immune to damage caused by impact, weather, and dust.
ZGSM’s football field lighting solution improves longevity and durability through the following points.
- LED driver: ZGSM uses high-quality LED drivers to provide stable current to drive LED lamp beads. Excellent LED drivers include Inventronics, Philips, Meanwell and Osram, which have high efficiency (low heat loss) and high stability, which can effectively extend the service life of the lamp.
- LED chips: ZGSM uses high quality LED chips, such as LED chips from Lumileds, Osram, Samsung. In addition to ensuring excellent brightness and color reproduction of the luminaire, high-quality LED chips have a long lifespan (L70), which increases the reliability and durability of the luminaire.
- Structure: ZGSM’s football stadium lighting solution adopts an integrated die-casting structure design to ensure good heat dissipation performance of the lamps. In addition, reasonable use of various sealing rings and protective covers can confirm and have good waterproof performance (IP) and impact resistance (IK). These can ensure that the lamps can maintain stable work under harsh environmental conditions, and resist the influence of external factors such as water, dust, vibration, etc., thereby improving the durability and reliability of the lamps.