Solar Street Light Installation Method
Solar street lights are becoming more and more popular. We can see solar street lights in main road and rural roads. After all, solar energy is inexhaustible. It’s clean and pollution-free and can be regenerated. Sex and safety, since solar street lights are so popular, how is it composed and how is it installed? ZGSM, Split Solar LED Street Light supplier will show you the composition and working principle of the solar street light and the installation and adjustment of the solar module.
The Composition And Working Principle Of Solar Street Light
Solar Street Light is mainly composed of solar panel components, PWN or MPPT solar controller, battery pack, LED street light, light pole, and bracket. Solar street lights use solar panels to convert solar radiation into electrical energy during the day, and then store the electrical energy in the battery through a solar controller. The intensity of the sun’s light gradually decreases when the night comes, then the solar controller detects that the light intensity decreases to a fixed value, it controls the battery to provide power to the LED street light. In general, the LED light source will automatically turn on when it is dark. The intelligent controller protects the charging and over-discharging of the battery and controls the turn-on and lighting time of the light source.
Solar Street Light Installation And How To Install It
- Confirm the installation position of solar street lamps: according to the construction drawings and the geological situation of the survey site, we need to determine the installation position of solar street LED lamps based on a pole distance of 40 meters. And make sure that there is no shade on the top of the street lamps in this installation position. Otherwise, the installation location of solar street lamps needs to be changed.
- Excavate the foundation pit of the street lamp: Excavate the foundation pit of the street lamp at the installation position. If the soil is 1 meter above the ground, the depth of our excavation will be deepened. And confirm and protect other facilities (such as cables, pipes, etc.) at the excavation location.
- Build a battery box in the excavated foundation pit to bury the battery(if needed). If the excavated foundation pit is not wide enough, we will continue to dig wide to have enough space to accommodate the battery box.
- Pouring the embedded parts of the street lamp foundation: Pouring embedded parts for street light foundation: place the embedded parts in the pit in which is 1 meter deep pit excavated. And put one end of the steel wire pipe in the middle of the embedded parts, and put the other end in the buried battery place. Please keep the embedded parts, foundation and ground on the same level. Then use C20 concrete to cast and fix the embedded parts. Continuous mixing in the pouring process is well-proportioned to ensure the compactness and firmness of the whole embedded parts.
- After the construction is completed, clean up the residue on the positioning plate in time, and wait until the concrete is completely solidified (about 4 days, 3 days if the weather is good) before the installation of the solar street lamp.
Solar Panel Installation
- Put the solar panel on the panel bracket and tighten it with screws to make it firm and reliable.
- Connect the output line of the solar panel, pay attention to the correct connection of the positive and negative poles of the panel, and the output line of the panel with a tie.
- After connecting the line, tin plating is carried out on the panel wiring to prevent wire oxidation. Then put the wired panel aside for threading.
Installation of LED Street Lamps
- Pass the light wire through the arm of pole. Leave a length of light cable at one end where the street lamp is installed, so that the lamp head can be connected.
- Hold up the light pole, pass the other end of the light wire through the line hole reserved for the light pole, and pass the light wire cable to the top end of the light pole. And install the lamp head on the other end of the lamp cable.
- Align the light arm with the screw holes on the light pole, and then use a quick wrench to tighten the light arm with screws. Tighten the lamp arm after visually checking that the lamp arm is not skewed.
- Mark the end of the light cable that goes out of the top of the light pole, and use a thin threading tube to pass the two wires to the bottom end of the light pole together with the solar panel line, and fix the solar panel on the light pole. Check that the screws are all tightened and wait for the crane to lift.
Battery And Controller Installation
- Put the battery into the battery box. And thread the battery wire to the roadbed(buried) or pole (hanging box) with thin iron wire.
- Connect the cable to the controller according to the technical requirements; connect the battery first, then the load, and then the solar panel; when wiring, be sure to pay attention to the wiring and the terminals marked on the controller can’t be wrongly connected, the positive and negative poles The sexes cannot be collided and cannot be reversed; otherwise the controller will be damaged.
- Debug whether the street light works normally; set the mode of the controller, let the street light turn up, and check if there is any problem. If there is no problem, after setting the lighting time, seal the lamp cover of the light pole.
In fact, the installation of solar street lights is not so simple. Before installing, you must first understand its working principle. Since street lights are relatively long and heavy, during the installation process, we will see professional workers using professional tools. After installation, the solar street light does not mean that it can only be bright when the sun is shining, and it will not work on continuous rainy days. The system of solar street lights can still work normally for 15-20 days of continuous rain. I understand the installation of solar street lights and feel the convenience and comfort that solar street lights bring to us. Please take care of and protect our public equipment and protect our common home.
Lifting The Pole Of Solar Street Light
- Before lifting the light pole, be sure to check the fixation of each component, check whether there is any deviation between the light head and the battery board, and make appropriate adjustments.
- Put the sling on the appropriate position of the light pole, and slowly lift the light. Avoid scratching the battery panel by the crane wire rope.
- When the light pole is lifted directly above the foundation, slowly lower the light pole, rotate the light pole at the same time, adjust the lamp head to face the road, and the hole on the flange to align the anchor bolt.
- After the flange is placed on the foundation, put on the flat washer, spring washer and nut in turn, and finally tighten the nut evenly with a wrench to fix the light pole.
- Remove the lifting rope, and check whether the light pole is inclined and whether the light pole is adjusted.
Adjustment And Secondary Pre-embedding Of Solar Street Light Components
- After the installation of the solar street light is completed, check the installation effect of the overall street light, and adjust the tilt of the standing light pole. Finally, the installed street lights are uniform as a whole.
- Check whether the sun-facing angle of the solar panel is deviated. It is necessary to adjust the solar-facing direction of the solar panel to be completely south. The specific direction is based on the compass.
- Stand in the middle of the road to check whether the lamp arm is skewed and whether the lamp head is correct. If the lamp arm or lamp head is not correct, it needs to be adjusted again.
- After the installed street lamps are all adjusted and uniform, and the lamp arms and lamp heads are not skewed, the base of the lamp pole is pre-embedded for the second time.
In fact, the installation of solar street lights is not so simple. Before installing, you must first understand its working principle. Since street lights are relatively long and heavy, during the installation process, we will see professional workers using professional tools to install the solar LED street lights. After installation, the solar street light does not mean that it can only be bright when the sun is shining, and it also could work on continuous rainy days because there is enough power in the Lithium battery. The system of solar street lights can still work normally for 15-20 days of continuous rain. We know the installation of solar street lights and feel the convenience and comfort that solar street lights bring to us. Please take care of and protect our public equipment and protect our common home.
Video of LED Solar Street Lights